Report Woodlakes or wood lakes, no obfuscation here please.
I’m about half way into the first day and although the write up on Spot Fish for this cosy log cabin based holiday fishery, which suggests abundance they are far from feeding prolific today.
I am not one to get too hung up on what I might be doing wrong and often seek explanations from all angles. No pun there but where are the carp? It seems a very quiet fishery with very few shared reviews across the internet and that you have to wonder why not?
The venue is suitably equipped with good swims on the cabin lake. The rest of the venue I have not yet explored but from Facebook the championship lake appears positively.
I will write again soon as it’s too early to be critical but almost certainly a chod rig feels like a decision that would provide a change of tactic on a lake that may have seen far too many traditional rigs if indeed the venue over the past 50 years has actively provided sport for those who came before us.
Tel: 01553 810414
Weekend / Bank Holiday – £10
Monday to Friday – £8
(Concessions, Juniors and Residents £7)
7am – Dusk
Night fishing for residents only.
- Night fishing
- On-site accommodation
- Barbless hooks only. N.B. One angler = one swim only
- All anglers must have a purpose-made weigh sling and unhooking mat, and a landing net suitable for specimen fish
- No keep nets. All fish to be returned quickly after weighing and photography
- Two rods per person. (Three may be used in the championship lake)
- No nuts to be used either as hook baits or loose feed
- All juniors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- No bivies to be erected. Umbrellas only
- No “Beach caster” style fishing and no Spinning rigs are allowed
- Bait boats allowed in the championship lake only
- Use groundbait sparingly and not more than 2 Kilos per angler per day
- Braid not to be used as a main line
- Rods must not be left unattended. All anglers to remain with their rods: remote alarms are not allowed. For any absence, lines must be withdrawn from the water and bait removed
- The championship lake is for members only and log-cabin guests
- Please leave no litter and keep noise to a minimum
- Coarse fishing
- Carp/Specimen fishing
We're adding your comment. This should just take a couple of seconds...