West House Trout Lakes
West house boasts 4 lakes The lakes are stocked with Rainbow trout from 2 lbs upwards with the fishery record being 21lb. There are four lakes of 4 acres, 2 acres and 1.5 acres and 1 acre , each stocked with these high quality fish. Set in grassland the fishery offers easy access to over 95% of the available bank space without any major obstacles for casting. Access for disabled persons is available but ring fishery before you arrive .
A large car park, fishing lodge and flush toilets (male – female & disabled ) are provided. Meals are available at the public houses in the village but tea and coffee soup are available at the lodge.
Natural fly life is prolific with hatches of Pond Olives, Lake Olives, Mayfly, Great Red Sedge, smaller Sedges Buzzers and Damsel fly. Although lures are successful early and late in the season, artificial patterns representing the natural insects are the most predominant catchers of fish.
West & Horseshoe lakes have a head of large carp from the old fishery these stunning fish reach over 33lb and take a fly very well best fish to the net was a 25ld common. if you are lucky to get one of these BIG fish it can take up to 45 mins to get it in on a 6wt rod
West House Trout Lakes - HUGE BROWN STOCKED
28.04.11 by fishermanl2
We at the lakes have took the risk to put in big browns fish to 21lb which are to be returned to the
Enter your postcode below to get directions to the fishery:
Nearest tackle shops
(5 miles away)
(5.1 miles away)
Darlington, County Durham
(6.2 miles away)
Darlington, County Durham
(6.4 miles away)
West House Farm
4 Hour Sporting – £12
5 Hour Sporting – £14
All Day Sporting – £16
Evening Sporting (4pm – dusk) – £12
4 Hour (1 fish limit) – £14
All Day (3 fish limit) – £24
All Day (4 fish limit) – £27
Closing time is displayed at the fishery. You must be off the water before this time.
- Disabled access
- Tackle shop
- On-site toilets
- Fishing coach
We do have disabled access but please ring before you arrive . Tea coffee & soup are avalable from the lodge at a cost of 50p per item, we have a GAIA registered fly casting instructor on site for one to one or block booking please call for information and costs, there are male / Female & Disabled flush toilets on site. A small amount of fishing equipment is for sale on site.
- All persons visiting the fishery do so at their own risk
- Any person found fishing outside the permitted hours, or taking more fish than the current permit allows WILL BE PROSECUTED.
- Anglers must possess a current EA rod licence as well as a permit to fish these waters.
- Fishing commences at 8.00am and finishes at dusk or at the discretion of the fishery staff.
- Fishing is by fly only using generally accepted tackle and techniques. Maximum TWO BARBLESS flies to be attached to the leader.
- ALL FISH MUST BE LANDED WITH A LANDING NET.
- ALL BROWN TROUT TO BE RETURNED.
- Details of all fish caught (including those returned) must be entered on the catch return sheet.
- WADING IS NOT ALLOWED-IT IS DANGEROUS.
- The following are specifically excluded from the fishery: guns, dogs, radios and non-fishing visitors.
- Anglers have access to the immediate ground around the shoreline of the fishery. They must not wander across the pasture land or disturb grazing animals.
- Anglers are expected to behave in a gentlemanly manner. They must not deposit litter, disturb or feed wildlife or behave in any manner detrimental to the fishery, fishing or sport of other anglers.
- MONOFILAMENT NYLON MUST NOT BE DISCARDED-IT IS DANGEROUS TO BOTH WILDLIFE AND FARM STOCK. CUT IT INTO SMALL LENGTHS OR TAKE IT HOME.
- Carp (upto 29lbs)
- Trout (upto 21lbs)
- Fly fishing